DAVEY EUROPE WEBSITE
© 2018 Davey Europe. All Rights Reserved
1. Our commitment
Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Information we collect from you
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- browse, make an enquiry, contact us, subscribe or otherwise interact on our website
- apply to register as a user of our Davey website
- contact us by telephone or correspond with us
- order a product (including via Davey’s website)
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry
- complete an application or enter into an agreement
- call our Customer Service line
- attend a conference or seminar
- enter a promotion or competition.
The type of personal information we collect may include:
- contact information such as your name, job title and home or business address, email address, telephone, mobile phone number and facsimile number
- payment data, as required to process payments and fraud prevention
- your password for the Davey Dealer website
- details of your visits to our premises
- other personal data, based on your consent, in connection with registration to events or seminars such as dietary requirements or disabilities
Where we request information from you, we will generally state the purpose(s) for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
2.2 Credit reporting information
Davey also collects financial and trading information in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide information including your: business name, date of birth, driver’s license number, business type and structure, trading history and commercial trade references. We may also ask for the name and contact details of fellow directors (if you are a corporate client) which you must ensure you are entitled to disclose, and is with the consent of the individual, for the purposes described in this clause.
Davey may receive commercial credit information about you from a credit reporting body or trade referees nominated by you. Davey may also disclose limited commercial information about you to third parties where you have nominated Davey as a trade reference, solely to fulfil this purpose. Commercial credit information will used to assess your credit worthiness and for any other permitted purposes agreed by you as set out in our Credit Account Application form.
To the extent that you are an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about corporate retail customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. Davey does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information.
Enquiries for access to or correction of commercial credit information or credit eligibility information, or complaints about the failure of Davey to comply with the relevant credit reporting privacy legislation (if this binds Davey), can be made as set out below at sections 5 and 9.
2.3 Websites and Social Media
To customise your user experience on our website we may provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with our third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. You can opt-out of authorising Davey from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
2.4 Information we collect from other parties
We may also collect information about you from other parties such as:
- credit reporting agencies – for the purpose of ascertaining or assisting others as to your creditworthiness where you have consented to this (refer to 2.2);
- our dealers including our Authorised Warranty Service Dealers – to ensure that warranty claims have been managed appropriately.
2.5 Sensitive information
We do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where we are permitted or required by law to do so. We do not typically collect such information.
2.6 What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of support and services. You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
3. Use of Personal information
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons (‘Permitted Purposes’) including:
- to fulfil a contract with Davey, including to sell and deliver our products and services to you (including applications for credit);
- matters ancillary to performance of the contract, such as to manage warranty claims and provide after sales service and repair and to keep a record of our dealings with each other including to manage and administer our business relationship though the processing of payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and support services;
- to respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance or information;
- because processing is necessary for legitimate business purposes, providing such interests are not overidden by your rights and freedom – including to protect the security of and manage access to our on-line and physical premises;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Where you have expressly given your consent, we may process your personal information also for the following purposes:
- communicating with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date about Davey’s products, announcements and other information about our products and events;
- customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis or other promotional activities or events;
- collecting information about your preferences to create a user profile to personalise the quality of our communication and interaction with you (e.g. by website analysis) and enhance the content of our website.
With regard to marketing communications we will – where legally required – only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you with the opportunity to opt out if you do not want to receive further marketing material from us. We will not use your personal information for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.
4. Disclosure of Personal information
Davey recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the Permitted purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- it is for a legitimate related purpose which you would reasonably expect us to do; or we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own corporate group, including our Australian parent company GUD Holdings Limited, your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research and social media support;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis.
If we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area, we will only do so in compliance with the applicable data protection requirements and take appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of your data. Some of Davey’s databases are stored in servers located outside Australia – in countries such as the United States and Japan.
5. You can access and correct information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You may request the deletion of personal information we hold about you, which we will respect unless its retention is necessary for one of the Permitted Purposes.
To request access, correction or deletion please contact our Privacy Officer who may ask that your request be made in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time (usually 30 days). A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
6. Right to refuse access or correction
We reserve our right to refuse your request for access or correction if, for example, we consider your request to be frivolous or vexatious.
If we refuse your request, we will give you our reasons in writing. If we refuse your request to correct information we hold about you, we will give you the opportunity to post a statement of your claim where we hold your personal information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we will take reasonable steps to:
keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
8. Updating our Privacy Statement
9. Complaints and further information
Telephone: +33 472 139 507
Street and Postal Address: 355 Avenue Henri Schneider, 69330, Meyzieu, France
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Commission Nationale de l’informatique et des Libertes (CNIL) on +33 (01) 53 73 22 22.
Davey Water Products S.A.S. and Davey Water Products S.L are wholly owned subsidiaries of GUD Holdings Limited.